Last year was the busiest year for me as a backpacker. Well, the first quarter was the real backpacking solo and the rest are mostly flashpacks. Either way, they were all exciting trips that I experienced. Every trip, road, tours, and steps I made, I get to meet new friends, learned a thing or two (sometimes more than expected), discovered a path or a new word, ate food I never thought I would, tried sports I always dreamed of doing, a lots of things to tell… Those stories were shared here, some I have not posted yet but sooner or later they will all be here to be shared.
Now, here’s the round up trips I made last year that until now I can’t believe I made it alone (It was even more places I have been than the last backpacking I made 2008-2010). What a fulfillment!
- November 5, 2010- January 5, 2011 – I was working in Singapore.
- January 5 – 13, 2011 – I flew back to the Philippines.
- January 13 – 20, 2011 – I flew to Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam heading for Siem Reap, Cambodia via 12-hour bus ride.
- January 20 – February 6, 2011 – Flew back to Singapore.
- February 6-10, 2011 – I flew to Phnom Penh, Cambodia before going to Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam via 8-hour bus ride.
- February 10 – March 10, 2011 – I stayed mostly in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam(actually applied for 3 month visa extension as I do part time English tutoring), flashpacked Mui Ne, Vietnam on one weekend for a quick sand dunes experience.
- March 11-12, 2011 – Hopped in a bus to Bangkok, Thailand to meet Leizel (Another Filipina Backpacker I met in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam).
- March 13-18, 2011 – Travelled on a 14-hour bus ride to Krabi, Thailand.
- March 19-25, 2011 – Back in Bangkok, Thailand. Undecided if going back to Vietnam, Cambodia or Philippines (I ended up in the latter, obviously to fulfill the following trips).
- April 21- 24, 2011 – I brought my friend Nick (from Team Canada, we met in Krabi) in Tarlac to witness a crazy Lenten Celebration in the Philippines (only popular in Tarlac and Pampanga provinces).
- April 30- May 1, 2011 – 6-hour bus ride to Baler, Aurora to Surf their awesome waves.
- October 28, 2011 – Went on a full day trip to Mt. Pinatubo.
- November 26-27, 2011 – Camped and Island Hopped in Zambales to Capones, Nagsasa, and Anawangin Islands.
I missed one local trip for December 13-18, 2011 to Vigan by the way, because I forgot to pay the ticket on time. By next year, I have booked 3 flights , 1 Local and 2 International that I wish I don’t have to drop (because of my job, I dropped the Davao trip already for January 11-14, 2012). Gladly, when I talked to my awesome boss Cherryl, I was ecstatic when she understood my nature. I promised her I will be back if that’s what she’s worrying about, and she said you better be or else… Hahaha! Isn’t she awesome? She is! She made my worries go away… Wohooooooooo! I can’t wait to start my 2012 adventure now. You can do the same, and believe me, it’s amazing!