Leg muscle cramps? Tired Legs? I am here to tell you how to treat tired legs…Playing doctor this time…:D Muscle cramps are caused by long hours of sitting and standing. Leg veins are blocked that causes poor circulation of blood to your legs, and often cause varicose veins.
(Image courtesy of Google Images)
These are some tips to treat tired legs and avoid varicose veins:
- Avoid standing or sitting for long hours. Give your legs a break, stretch, walk, once every 30 minutes. Walking helps circulation.
- If your work demands long hours of sitting, avoid crossing legs.
- Wear Support Stockings. It is available from any supermarkets and pharmacies, these are always doctors’ recommended for those with long hour standing jobs. It helps healthy blood flow circulation.
- Wear Flats. Once in a while, you need to give your legs a break from stilettos, it won’t stop you from having beautiful legs, but varicose veins will.
- Avoid Tights. Do not wear tight clothing such as skinny jeans and girdles. It blocks good blood circulation, that causes varicose veins.
- After a tiring day, lie down with your feet elevated above the level of your heart for 10-15 minutes. This helps blood circulation as well.
- Give your feet/legs 10-15 minute break from stockings or socks or shoes before washing. Don’t get it wet after a tiring day, be good to your legs, don’t provoke veins to come out.