Arizona, USA – Phoenix is the largest city of Arizona and the most populated city in the USA according to Wikipedia. Scottsdale is continuously growing as a city. City that is known for its night life, home for technology companies, amazing weather that locals get so excited about, food, shopping, and nature.
Why not? Being new in the place, slowly understanding the country, people, and the local scene I learned that it doesn’t take too much to realize why locals take pride of their city and why they love it. Events are going on and on from October to June. Galleries, events, party, shopping, nature, and dining scenes in Scottsdale won’t bore you, really.
You’d want to know how to get around the city when you visit and just like how I want to do it, frugal ways to travel. Scottsdale is very touristy too which means it could be a little pricey. Old Town Scottsdale can be both pricey and on a budget, whichever way you want to go. Budget shouldn’t stop you from visiting the fancy cool Old Town Scottsdale because from happy hour for foodies, we also offer free rides and minimum fare mass transit.
- Free Trolley – In Old Town Scottsdale where most parties and events are happening, there is always free trolley ride that arrives every 10 minutes and goes to four different routes. Check out HERE for more detailed routes and schedule.
- Golf Carts – If you don’t want to wait 10 minutes, golf carts roam around anywhere in Old Town Scottsdale as well operating by tips only without flat rates. Be courteous and reasonable giving tips please. You can contact Trips 4 Tips for their golf cart service around Old Town Scottsdale: 602-488-7208. (Disclaimer: I am not paid for this, just helping out people like me finding other ways to get around Scottsdale. Please let them know you read it on Lyndsay’s blog.)
- Metro Valley Bus – Mass transit bus where you can either pay exact fare on the bus or get 1 day ($2), 7 day ($20), or 31 day pass ($64) from local retailers like Walgreen’s and Circle K stores or online. Online metro tickets gets delivered in 7 days, if you need it before that, you have to get it from the retailers.
- Uber – This is pretty much self explanatory. Download Uber app on your phone and start using it.
- Taxi – Like Uber, it’s self explanatory. It has been around for a long time and they are everywhere.