Have you ever experienced to go to a salon for a make over and ended up in disaster? Oh no, you don’t want to experience that if you haven’t! I did experience the horror of being in that situation, it’s horrible!
Just before I left Philippines, July last year, I went to this popular hairstyling salon. I was confident that they will do their job really well as I heard people’s great feedback. Then again, this hairstylist (he’s at his 50’s) was assigned to cut my hair. I told him what I want and he insisted that it is high maintenance, blah, blah, blah… I was like, that’s what I want and he keeps talking… and so I said, okay then do what you want, I just want it cut 2 inches max. I want a fringe, and he doesn’t like it for some reason…*sigh*…
To cut the story short, it looks horrible! I didn’t get the “best” hairstyle that I want, and he made a worse looking layered that I ever had, making my hair look fully damaged. Geez! Here are some Bad Hairstyle Solutions to Keep Looking Good to help you get away with that hairstyle problems or refer to my post Famous Hairstyle Tricks, to avoid the bad experience that I had.
Bad Hairstyle Solutions to Keep Looking Good
- Tip #1- Tie it up. For long hair, and if it’s long enough to tie it up, do it. Just do tying tricks if you want that will suits your personality. You can try ponytails, braids, twists, etc. to distract people noticing your bad haircut or hairstyle.
- Tip #2- Visit Your Trusted Hairstylist. Your trusted hairstylist will do his/her wonders on you, as he/she already knows your style, tell him/her what happened but explained you just wanted to try what you’ve heard..lol…he/she might think you don’t like his/her service anymore.
- Tip #3- Bandanas. You can use bandanas to cover the horror and still look chic. Bandanas are fashionable and trendy, just find the style that fits your personality and your league.
- Tip #4- Caps or Hats. These two are cool this summer, so don’t worry about it this season. After this season, your hair has fully grown to a desirable look.
- Tip #5- Headbands. Hairpieces like headbands are fashionable and dramatic enough to distract people’s attention to your hair. Headbands are cool specially when your hair is tied up.
- Tip #6- Hair Gels and Moose. Hair Products can do wonders if you know how to use it. For really short hair that didn’t get the right look, style it yourself with gel or moose. Be creative, looking good is all about art, resourceful and creativity, so do it with the help of gel and moose.
- Tip #7- Hair Color. Sometimes, hair colors makes your worst hair become the best hair. The colors can even up shades that instead of looking weird, you will look cool and chic. Specially on short hair. Be sure to get the right color that suits you and your skin tone.
- Tip #8- Wigs. If you are daring enough to wear wigs, it’s cool! There are wigs out there that looks so natural. You can even choose what length, color , or style you want. Wigs aren’t just for bald peeps, cool wigs were worn by cool people, you just have to find what will match your look and personality. Ask the experts advice for better results.
Any distractions that you can do to take eyes off your hair, you can do it. But be sure that it will look good and will make them compliment you to cover up the bad haircut you have. Cool Make-up, accessories, outfit, or bags might do the trick. It’s up to you if this will work or not, the attitude is the best key. Be confident and you will look the best in whatever you wear.